UAE Company Buying 6 US Ports? Scream!

I was only the servant of my country and had I, at any moment, failed to express her unflinching resolve to fight and conquer, I should at once have been rightly cast aside. --Winston Churchill
What are we thinking? I know we're a capitalist society, but, honestly guys, money is nothing if we lose control of our port security in a time of war. Are we so numbed down that we can rationalize the business advantage of outsourcing our ports during wartime--and think it's a good idea?
"....Further it looks like there may be a sinister connection, a kind of pandering to friends and contributors here. It seems that one of DPW’s “senior executives, Dave Sanborn, has been nominated by US President George W. Bush to serve as Maritime Administrator, a key transportation appointment reporting directly to Norman Mineta the Secretary of Transportation....”
I need lots more information to understand why our high level committee (which includes President Bush and Secretary of State Rice as members) that reviews these international contracts on our behalf are not bothered by this possibility. Once we go through this door, we don't turn back easily. We don't want to jeopardize our precious sovereignty with foreign country business arrangements in our vulnerable ports (marine or air), or on our soil, for that matter. Guaranteed security, not profit comes first.
I have a huge respect for Israel's ability to develop and implement the best possible security in order to survive--a tiny country amidst much larger arch-enemy countries. They have a successful record. So, them, I trust. But would I completely turn over our ports to even them? No way.
As for the UAE, I appreciate its support, but remain cautious about its ability (or complete commitment) to detect mole terrorists trying to enter the US.
***
Photo Credit: http://www.mystudios.com/treasure/munch/munch-scream.jpg



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home