Thousands of Muslims Relocated in Pennsylvania
The difference between our decadence and the Russians is that while theirs is brutal, ours is apathetic. --David Sarnoff
Russian Muslims Embrace Farrakhan Photo Credit: http://worldfriendshiptour.noi.org/images/russia1.gif. This photo did not accompany the original article as indicated by photo credit.
You know, I'm thinking that this 45-day period of investigation of the UAE/US port deal will no doubt open many more cans of worms, among which are many stories exposing programs involving Muslims and Muslim immigrants of which most of us had no prior knowledge. Check out the picture and full story here about Russian Muslims embracing Farrakhan and then read about the 7000 Russian Muslim immigrants given citizenship in Pennsylvania below.
I'm expecting revelations like this and others to produce a huge public backlash once people start digging deeper than we have before. There are many who take umbrage at being called islamophobes and bigots when they are questioning the port deal in a perfectly reasonable way. I heard Bill Bennett say on his radio program today, "Just because there's a hole in your boat, doesn't mean you cut another hole." He was referring to the allegations that we already have other countries running US ports--like China.
However, I'm hearing most conservatives--people I respect generally--voicing their resolve to acceptance of the idea that this deal will go forward after the 45-day investigation period...'scuse me, I mean public relations period. They're saying it's not as bad a deal as it first appeared and that we can make it work. To me, it's even looking worse.
And, I really think the backlash is going to be bigger than the administration expects--pushing the results the opposite way. This is our opportunity to revise the rules and curtail foreign governments in the future from engaging in profitable business activities on US soil. Businesses are one thing--we can welcome businesses after thorough review, but governments masquerading as "business partners" will have to find someone else to "partner with," I predict.
I also have to add my two cents to the argument going around that the UAE has allowed us to have a base on their land, so we therefore owe them the rights to lease our ports. Why should we and why wouldn't they? Of course they WANT a US base on their soil--why wouldn't they want our protection from terrorism as much as anyone! We do not additionally owe them any dollars for the privilege of protecting the UAE while keeping an eye on our enemies. We really need to stop apologizing for protecting ourselves and others from potential terrorist breaches to our (and others') security.
I found the following interesting blog on Infidel Bloggers Alliance. Did you have any idea this was happening back in July? I certainly did not--here's what I was blogging about then. Interesting juxtaposition to what was actually happening--and very quietly, I must say.
Can you believe we agreed to provide citizenship IN ADVANCE for 7000 Russian Muslims at a single pop? And life-long income will be provided them? I sometimes think I've seen it all, but I am wrong. There is always something more outrageous around the corner. (I can fix our budget's deficits in no time--give it to me!)
Originally from: http://www.islam-online.net/English/News/2004-07/24/article04.shtml. Click Link at end of this entry to go to original article or cut and paste this address into your URL.
By Damir Ahmed, IOL correspondent
KRASNODAR, Russia, July 24, (IslamOnline.net) - The United States has agreed to grant citizenship to 7,000 Ahiska Muslims who will be settled in Pennsylvania, reported a Russian newspaper on Friday, July 23.
The first 11-strong batch of the Ahiska Muslims, living in the Russian province of Krasnodar, left for Geneva on Thursday, July 22, before flying to Philadelphia, reported Novie Izvestia.
It added that the Muslims would be housed near the grand mosque in Philadelphia.
The paper recalled that Krasnodar governor Alexander Tkachev was notified of the American decision on February 15.
Izvestia said the Russian government does not treat Ahiska Muslims as citizens and has not therefore given them passports or IDs.
An official in Krasnodar administration had told Interfax on Tuesday, July 20, that of the 11,999 Ahiska Muslims living in the region, 4,943 have received Russian citizenship and 744 have embarked on Russian naturalization procedures.
He added that more than 5,000 others have expressed a desire to emigrate to the United States.
Earlier, Chingiz Neiman-zade, chairman of Vatan, a Meskheti Turks association based in Georgia, said the United States had offered to accept the Ahiska Muslims living in Krasnodar as immigrants.
"On February 16, the International Migration Organization began an information program in Krasnodar to explain the terms for the resettlement of the Ahiska Muslims in the U.S.," he told Chicago Tribune on Thursday, July 22.
"The immigrants will be provided with housing and furniture, they will be helped to learn the English language and to complete formalities needed for residence in the US, which is especially important, and have been promised life-long welfare allowances for pensioners and the disabled." (Full article here)
Related article from Free Republic
Russian Muslims Embrace Farrakhan Photo Credit: http://worldfriendshiptour.noi.org/images/russia1.gif. This photo did not accompany the original article as indicated by photo credit.You know, I'm thinking that this 45-day period of investigation of the UAE/US port deal will no doubt open many more cans of worms, among which are many stories exposing programs involving Muslims and Muslim immigrants of which most of us had no prior knowledge. Check out the picture and full story here about Russian Muslims embracing Farrakhan and then read about the 7000 Russian Muslim immigrants given citizenship in Pennsylvania below.
I'm expecting revelations like this and others to produce a huge public backlash once people start digging deeper than we have before. There are many who take umbrage at being called islamophobes and bigots when they are questioning the port deal in a perfectly reasonable way. I heard Bill Bennett say on his radio program today, "Just because there's a hole in your boat, doesn't mean you cut another hole." He was referring to the allegations that we already have other countries running US ports--like China.
However, I'm hearing most conservatives--people I respect generally--voicing their resolve to acceptance of the idea that this deal will go forward after the 45-day investigation period...'scuse me, I mean public relations period. They're saying it's not as bad a deal as it first appeared and that we can make it work. To me, it's even looking worse.
And, I really think the backlash is going to be bigger than the administration expects--pushing the results the opposite way. This is our opportunity to revise the rules and curtail foreign governments in the future from engaging in profitable business activities on US soil. Businesses are one thing--we can welcome businesses after thorough review, but governments masquerading as "business partners" will have to find someone else to "partner with," I predict.
I also have to add my two cents to the argument going around that the UAE has allowed us to have a base on their land, so we therefore owe them the rights to lease our ports. Why should we and why wouldn't they? Of course they WANT a US base on their soil--why wouldn't they want our protection from terrorism as much as anyone! We do not additionally owe them any dollars for the privilege of protecting the UAE while keeping an eye on our enemies. We really need to stop apologizing for protecting ourselves and others from potential terrorist breaches to our (and others') security.
I found the following interesting blog on Infidel Bloggers Alliance. Did you have any idea this was happening back in July? I certainly did not--here's what I was blogging about then. Interesting juxtaposition to what was actually happening--and very quietly, I must say.
Can you believe we agreed to provide citizenship IN ADVANCE for 7000 Russian Muslims at a single pop? And life-long income will be provided them? I sometimes think I've seen it all, but I am wrong. There is always something more outrageous around the corner. (I can fix our budget's deficits in no time--give it to me!)
Originally from: http://www.islam-online.net/English/News/2004-07/24/article04.shtml. Click Link at end of this entry to go to original article or cut and paste this address into your URL.
By Damir Ahmed, IOL correspondent
KRASNODAR, Russia, July 24, (IslamOnline.net) - The United States has agreed to grant citizenship to 7,000 Ahiska Muslims who will be settled in Pennsylvania, reported a Russian newspaper on Friday, July 23.
The first 11-strong batch of the Ahiska Muslims, living in the Russian province of Krasnodar, left for Geneva on Thursday, July 22, before flying to Philadelphia, reported Novie Izvestia.
It added that the Muslims would be housed near the grand mosque in Philadelphia.
The paper recalled that Krasnodar governor Alexander Tkachev was notified of the American decision on February 15.
Izvestia said the Russian government does not treat Ahiska Muslims as citizens and has not therefore given them passports or IDs.
An official in Krasnodar administration had told Interfax on Tuesday, July 20, that of the 11,999 Ahiska Muslims living in the region, 4,943 have received Russian citizenship and 744 have embarked on Russian naturalization procedures.
He added that more than 5,000 others have expressed a desire to emigrate to the United States.
Earlier, Chingiz Neiman-zade, chairman of Vatan, a Meskheti Turks association based in Georgia, said the United States had offered to accept the Ahiska Muslims living in Krasnodar as immigrants.
"On February 16, the International Migration Organization began an information program in Krasnodar to explain the terms for the resettlement of the Ahiska Muslims in the U.S.," he told Chicago Tribune on Thursday, July 22.
"The immigrants will be provided with housing and furniture, they will be helped to learn the English language and to complete formalities needed for residence in the US, which is especially important, and have been promised life-long welfare allowances for pensioners and the disabled." (Full article here)
Related article from Free Republic



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home