HairpinandArrow_blog: An Open Letter To Cindy Sheehan

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

An Open Letter To Cindy Sheehan


Go home to honor and grieve for the loss of your hero son with dignity. You are putting other mothers' sons at risk by undermining the support for our military and our country at home and around the world.

***

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. -- Winston Churchill

***

Photo Credit: AP Photo 8/25/05

2 Comments:

Blogger web_loafer said...

Cindy wouldn't know grief if it bite her. Her actions of late have overwhelmed any grief she was feeling. What she is feeling now is the need to be seen and heard. Last time I looked the constitution did not guarentee anyone the right to be heard.
The media is acting shamelessly (nothing new about that) and giving aid to our counties enemies. If you haven't cancelled all newspaper and magazine subscriptions, maybe this will convince you.
Not one red cent from me to the media,from now until ever.
The internet and talk radio are enough for me.
We have to stand up and condemn this type of behaviour from our media. Well I shouldn't call it our media, it is more helpful to our enemies.
Great blog my friend, you need to scare up some readers, more people need to read your clear concise reasoning about important issues.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Hairpinandarrow_blog said...

You are too kind. Thanks for the compliment. I'm writing this blog as a mental health exercise. If I didn't, I'd be a maniac in life. Probably driving people off the road and grouching at young children and oldsters. The people of this country do not seem to realize that our enemy wants us dead. whether we're "nice" (translation: weak) about Islam or not. I've said it before--they just don't get it. And, yep, Cindy's become a fame junkie. Can you imagine leaving your mother's bedside to go back to sit on the dirt road in Crawford with the rest of the tie-dye misfits? I imagine she doesn't sleep well--alienating her spouse, besmirching her hero son's memory, and abandoning her family for the rich but insane Michael Moore crowd. Wonder how the Joan Baez concert went--probably her biggest audience in 30 years. I never buy newspapers or news mags anymore either. Cancelled them all sometime ago--do pay for cable and live with constant angst about doing so. The joke used to be 57 channels and there's nothing on. Now in reality it's more like 600 channels and still nothing to watch that doesn't make me want to throw things at the screen--except for maybe old 40's movies. They're still fun and better made than today's drivel--plots, characters, complexities, the whole enchilada. I've added your link to my Essentials--let me know if you object please.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home