Letter to Oprah
Found this letter to Oprah. Thought it worthy of inclusion today.
Dear Oprah,
This isn't a story idea. It's just my reaction to your political action during the 2008 election. I appreciate that you believe you didn't use your show as a platform for Barack Obama. I really do. But I don't believe you are being quite honest with yourself.
You had both of the Obamas on your show prior to election day and you refused to have their opponents on before the election.
That you say the Obamas were on prior to the primaries is a technicality--if it's so. I haven't checked, because all I remember is that they were on at least twice, that you practically swooned over them with all the excitement you exuded, and that the timing of it all doesn't matter. They were there, you endorsed them, and you didn't invited their opponents to visit. End of story. You, in my mind, did use your show as a political platform whether you let yourself off the hook or not.
It's okay. It's your show. But I expect you to be honest with yourself and us about it. That's all. (Well, not ALL to me) --I am a confused viewer--a woman of a certain age--who wants to think you would want to give any woman running for one of our highest offices some "Oprah" exposure too. But I didn't see Hillary or Sarah Palin standing next to you at any time. If they did. I didn't see it. And I didn't hear about it.
Sincerely, A Viewer
Dear Oprah,
This isn't a story idea. It's just my reaction to your political action during the 2008 election. I appreciate that you believe you didn't use your show as a platform for Barack Obama. I really do. But I don't believe you are being quite honest with yourself.
You had both of the Obamas on your show prior to election day and you refused to have their opponents on before the election.
That you say the Obamas were on prior to the primaries is a technicality--if it's so. I haven't checked, because all I remember is that they were on at least twice, that you practically swooned over them with all the excitement you exuded, and that the timing of it all doesn't matter. They were there, you endorsed them, and you didn't invited their opponents to visit. End of story. You, in my mind, did use your show as a political platform whether you let yourself off the hook or not.
It's okay. It's your show. But I expect you to be honest with yourself and us about it. That's all. (Well, not ALL to me) --I am a confused viewer--a woman of a certain age--who wants to think you would want to give any woman running for one of our highest offices some "Oprah" exposure too. But I didn't see Hillary or Sarah Palin standing next to you at any time. If they did. I didn't see it. And I didn't hear about it.
Sincerely, A Viewer



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home