HairpinandArrow_blog: A Cause Greater Than Self

Friday, September 05, 2008

A Cause Greater Than Self

"A Cause Greater Than Self." This is the mantra, approaching the status of religion, of John McCain (and his wife Cindy, as we learned last night) and is the reason he is THE rightful candidate for POTUS. He's lived a life of service on behalf of our country, as Sarah Palin says, "The only one who actually fought for us."

And when he finished sharing his extremely private feelings in his moving acceptance speech, he ended it all with "...and, then, I wasn't my own man anymore, I was my Country's." Purely, simply inspirational.

I must say, I am anxiously awaiting President McCain's making good on his pledge to veto all earmarks that should come before him--sending the bills back to the legislative committees to be relieved of their excess baggage!

If he does this, he will make the largest change in the way our government has been doing business for a very long time. This team simply has its head on straight and that's an electric development in American governing!

Of course we have to be prepared that "modern day carpetbaggers" will simply look for new ways to fleece us (the taxpayers) for personal gain. However, I am confident that the McCain-Palin Team will be ready for them!

Nope, haven't been this optimistic since, well, since 1952. And I was a babe-in-arms back then.


***
Photo Source: http://s.wsj.net/media/mccain904b_S_20080904214223.jpg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home