HairpinandArrow_blog: Boycott Academy Awards Broadcast

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Boycott Academy Awards Broadcast

You know what, man? I don't have time to worry about what people think. I'm focused on the youth of America. I'm focused on the kids who are dressing like whores. Because that's the message in the media. --Stephen Baldwin

Everytime I surf the cable news channels, I'm noticing huge blocks of time on CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC dedicated to the upcoming Oscars ceremony.

Looks like they're scared to death ABC's ratings won't even equal the recent disappointing Olympics ratings.

Everybody has an interest in bolstering buzz--explaining this media blitz. John Stewart's the host (and I hear they're worried that ratings will drop dramatically after he delivers his opening address), everyone in the fashion industry can't wait to copy the gowns and sell them to the pitiful star-emulating teens for 2006 prom attire and to their teen-emulating Moms for their cocktail soirees.

Every media entity has some kind of parasitic plan to use this made-up marketing event to add to its bottom line. All this to celebrate so-called American Royalty: Hollywood starlets and hunks selling sex, malignant cultural narcissism, and anti-American rhetoric, for a living.

I heard today that the new James Bond will be the first Bond to go nude on screen. Well, isn't THAT special. Glad to see he plans to elevate the series. And since BBM seems to be the darling of the event, I thought I'd share a Lego/BBM site with you that surely you will enjoy. I agree with most Americans who, yawn, say, "Who cares?" about this insipid broadcast.

Mel Gibson, one of the good guys, plans, it seems, to bring the 'Academy" down a few pegs by sending his pre-recorded message in Maya. Full article here. I have to also include among the good guys, KISS's Gene Simmons who identifies himself as an independent but admits voting for "Rottweiler" President Bush both times and is glad of it.

Until Hollyweird can zone into its American market like Mel Gibson has done, I'm not contributing to its coffers. At least, not knowingly. If you agree, why not take the Boycott Pledge and, instead, do something to enrich your life on Sunday evening other than watching the Royal narcissists behave badly?

My Pledge

Because I like to put my money where my mouth is, and because I have better things to do, I hereby pledge to watch not one minute of this year's Broke Back Academy Awards Oscar presentation broadcast.

***

Cartoon credit: Coxandforkum.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home