Ex-Marine Congressman Murtha Retreats
You know how betrayed you feel when someone you loved and thought would be with you forever, leaves? Goes off on a mission that you do not understand leaving you standing there numb, lost, abandoned and alone? When events seem so unjust and incongruent that they make no sense? Do you remember a time when justice for all those who are good fails? -- When faith is met with a Betrayal on the highest level?
The USMC just had its 230th birthday and this is the most honorable, proud and patriotic group of Americans I know. And, I know Marines--I know "The Corps." I live with a Marine, my son is a Marine, and my father was a Marine before he died. There is pride and comraderie in this family of brothers. The Corps does not allow for retreat. They never leave even one man behind. Any Marine can do ANY job. A Marine does not give his word and back out of his commitment. The Corps would not promise to defend and then retreat. And they proudly claim, "There are no EX Marines."
Well, there are a few. There are those we call Baby Blue Marines--but they leave because they are forced to leave. And there is Congressman Murtha (D) PA. Yesterday, he became an ex-Marine by betraying the heart and soul of his Marine Corps. This country gave its word to the Iraqi people that we would not leave them to fight the evil in their country until they could defend themselves. So we began fighting for their freedom and training their countrymen - and we continue training Iraqi police and soldiers successfully today.
The December elections are looming on the horizon and we know this deadline is one the islmo facists will do everything possible to try to thwart. We know they will try to increase suicide/homocide bombings. We know they do not appreciate the Syrian border being cut off from Iraq BY US. We know that will cause an increase in suicide/homocide bombings as well.
So according to the ex-Marine Murtha, THIS IS THE TIME HE THINKS we are to tell the Iraqis we are abandoning them, leaving them to deal with these barbarians alone? He wants us to tell them that it is now no longer
in the interest of America to help them through the final stages of the coalition's PLAN to get them to that freedom and democracy-- the PLAN that apparently no one wants to admit being able to "see" any longer.
This is not a recommendation of any Marine I've ever known. So be it. If he prefers joining a club with his not-so-honorable high-profile fellow politicians to honoring his country's commitment and the memory of those who have given their lives for the freedom of the Iraqi people, then I am proud to call him an ex-Marine.
I just hope he never goes before the people he represents to give his word for support of them in the future. If Congressman Murtha promised me he would be there for me for so much as a traffic ticket, I would expect betrayal just before my case came to court.
Yes, I guess there are a few ex-Marines. As you know, I value loyalty and honor and respect for God and Country and anytime and place I happen across an example of either, it's a very good day. Didn't used to be any Marines who chose their career over their honor, and that makes these very sad days, indeed.
***
Photo Credit: Murtha's Congressional web site.
The USMC just had its 230th birthday and this is the most honorable, proud and patriotic group of Americans I know. And, I know Marines--I know "The Corps." I live with a Marine, my son is a Marine, and my father was a Marine before he died. There is pride and comraderie in this family of brothers. The Corps does not allow for retreat. They never leave even one man behind. Any Marine can do ANY job. A Marine does not give his word and back out of his commitment. The Corps would not promise to defend and then retreat. And they proudly claim, "There are no EX Marines."
Well, there are a few. There are those we call Baby Blue Marines--but they leave because they are forced to leave. And there is Congressman Murtha (D) PA. Yesterday, he became an ex-Marine by betraying the heart and soul of his Marine Corps. This country gave its word to the Iraqi people that we would not leave them to fight the evil in their country until they could defend themselves. So we began fighting for their freedom and training their countrymen - and we continue training Iraqi police and soldiers successfully today.
The December elections are looming on the horizon and we know this deadline is one the islmo facists will do everything possible to try to thwart. We know they will try to increase suicide/homocide bombings. We know they do not appreciate the Syrian border being cut off from Iraq BY US. We know that will cause an increase in suicide/homocide bombings as well.
So according to the ex-Marine Murtha, THIS IS THE TIME HE THINKS we are to tell the Iraqis we are abandoning them, leaving them to deal with these barbarians alone? He wants us to tell them that it is now no longer
in the interest of America to help them through the final stages of the coalition's PLAN to get them to that freedom and democracy-- the PLAN that apparently no one wants to admit being able to "see" any longer. This is not a recommendation of any Marine I've ever known. So be it. If he prefers joining a club with his not-so-honorable high-profile fellow politicians to honoring his country's commitment and the memory of those who have given their lives for the freedom of the Iraqi people, then I am proud to call him an ex-Marine.
I just hope he never goes before the people he represents to give his word for support of them in the future. If Congressman Murtha promised me he would be there for me for so much as a traffic ticket, I would expect betrayal just before my case came to court.
Yes, I guess there are a few ex-Marines. As you know, I value loyalty and honor and respect for God and Country and anytime and place I happen across an example of either, it's a very good day. Didn't used to be any Marines who chose their career over their honor, and that makes these very sad days, indeed.
***
Photo Credit: Murtha's Congressional web site.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home