Egyptian Iraqi Ambassador Murdered Today

Thursday, July 07, 2005
BAGHDAD, Iraq — Al Qaeda's wing in Iraq claimed Thursday it had killed Egypt's top envoy who was abducted by gunmen last weekend and warned it would go after "as many ambassadors as we can" to punish countries that support Iraq's U.S.-backed leadership.
Iraq's chief government spokesman said the killing and Thursday's bombings in London show that terrorism "is not only targeting Iraqis, but everyone." An Egyptian official in Cairo said Egypt would temporarily close its mission here and has recalled its staff.
***
Second news story of the day. Couldn't skip it, can't stand it. We've heard hideous news today. People really do need to be hit over the head before they, "Get it." They can be watching a terrorist event in real time on television, hear about Al Qaeda's brutal killing of the brand new ambassador to Iraq (and its plan to kill as many as ambassadors as it can) and they can still turn a blind eye to what's happening day by day, bit by bit, to their world--all around the world. I sound like a broken record, but I have to say it again. It's going to be too late one of these days.
Get Colonel David Hunt's book, They Just Don't Get It, and read it cover to cover. You NEED to read the articles in my Links. You just NEED to. You cannot afford to be uninformed. Life as you know it is slipping away. You have been infiltrated already. Pay attention!
Here's the quote they ran on Al Jazeera today: "We announce in the name of Al Qaeda in Iraq that the verdict of God against the ambassador of the infidels, the ambassador of Egypt, has been carried out. Thank God," a written statement in posting said, adding "Iraq is no longer safe for the infidels."
***
And now a tribute to the brave, true, spirit of our Country.
The American Fighting Man By James L. Wattenbarger
I fought the British red coats; Served Washington with pride. I Marched with Grant, and yes, with Lee. I fell at Custer's side. I made the charge up San Juan hill. I "held" at the Alamo. A threat to peace-- The first world war, And I was called to go.
I shed my blood throughout War II, on sand and jungle tree; They pulled me from the flaming wrecks; They buried me at sea. At Korea's thirty eighth parallel I soldiered amid the sham. I left my loved ones, took up arms, And died in Vietnam.
On every conceivable battlefield, Desert sand to jungle marsh, I suffer the agonies, the mortal wounds, In conditions most brutal and harsh. I've viewed the bombed out cities And grieved for all that's lost; I ponder, in my saddest hour. . . What could warrant such human cost?
The answer, of course, is freedom! Freedom defines the job I do. I volunteer, I'm called, I serve, On freedom's maintenance crew. Yes, career or citizen soldier, I serve the higher plan, Of honor, God, and country-- I'm the American fighting man!
Photo Credit: AP
Source: News quote from Fox News Online. Click link for complete article.
Source: The American Fighting Man By James L. Wattenbarger, www.Bennettmornings.com 7/7/05



4 Comments:
Please define freedom.
Hi Nio... Ok. Freedom. 1. not under the control or power of another; able to act or think without arbitrary restriction; having liberty; independence 2. having, or existing under a government that does not impose arbitrary restrictions on the right to speak, assemble, petition, vote, etc. But when you speak about a Country, you have to include the definition of citizen as well because freedom has a price. Citizen. 1. a member of a state or nation who owes allegiance to it by birth or naturalization and is entitled to full civil rights. Our system of laws are not arbitrary and without representation. They can be changed by a majority of our citizens. We have representation in our government and however flawed it's a pretty good system. Our leaders do not shoot us in the back or cut off our heads if we don't agree with them. They don't imprison us either unless we do not obey our laws (which are there to keep a generally orderly and peaceful society). Is this a set-up? Pid Ding! I can feel it comin.' Have a good day!
Are those definations from the dictionary? If so, which one please.
The parts in italics are from Webster's New World Dictionary of the American Language, Concise Edition. The parts not in italics are mine. What are your definitions of freedom and citizen?
Post a Comment
<< Home