Anything They Say In English Doesn't Count
"Anything they say in English doesn't count," said a caller to Michael Savage's Savage Nation last evening. At first thought, it seemed a quip--too offhanded. But I remembered instances where I have heard the polite English first and then, when the language turned to Iraqi, or Arabic, or Pakistani, or whatever...then...the real conversation began. Animated, passionate, and collusive conversation took place. The caller continued by saying that, in English, Muslims lie. But when speaking to other Muslims in their native languages, they speak freely about any and everything. They do not believe Infidels understand them--it's a safe "code language."
***
Walking around the local park the other day for our daily constitutional, we passed familiar and unfamiliar faces, as usual. Some going the same direction as we, some coming from the other way. We rounded the curve at the waterfall at the end of the oval park and happened upon two Muslims--a suited man and a burkah-clad woman. They were standing closely, heads together, obviously not exercising, as were the rest of us at 9:30 AM on a weekday morning. They were speaking more or less quietly in an Middle Eastern language I wouldn't recognize. I looked at them and then away. Didn't want to stare--but they were so much out of context, they stood out like proverbial sore thumbs. We continued on our way, as did everyone else, but I made a mental note of them.
Here's what I do know about them by simple deductive reasoning. 1, 2, & 3) They were not at the park to exercise, enjoy the view (they weren't looking), or feed the mallards. 4) They were engrossed in a serious conversation and were exchanging information, mostly from her to him. 5) They were not there to meet on a romantic rendezvous. 6)They were unconcerned about the people who were passing them by. 7) I had never seen them there before in the 6 years I've been covering that path. 8) They were both of similar ethnic backgrounds. 9) They were not wearing wedding rings. 10) They appeared to be discussing plans or arrangements.
I don't know whether this meeting was an activity I should have reported to authorities or not. I didn't report it because I didn't want to think I was being prejudicial against them. I held back. Didn't want to over react. They didn't do anything illegal that I could see, so I did nothing. I could think of a thousand scenerios, but had no reason to do anything about any of them. I do know that the behavior of these two was what was most suspicious. Their ethnicity and dress only made me not act. If they had been dressed in western clothing, I might have done things differently.
I do know the following day there was a horrific series of bombings in London. My mind went back to the two in the park the day before. I wondered how I would have felt if the bombings had been in our area instead of London. I also wondered if there was someone in London who, for the same reason, hadn't reported two people behaving just as suspiciously as the two in our local park. Could any lives have been saved?
***
Walking around the local park the other day for our daily constitutional, we passed familiar and unfamiliar faces, as usual. Some going the same direction as we, some coming from the other way. We rounded the curve at the waterfall at the end of the oval park and happened upon two Muslims--a suited man and a burkah-clad woman. They were standing closely, heads together, obviously not exercising, as were the rest of us at 9:30 AM on a weekday morning. They were speaking more or less quietly in an Middle Eastern language I wouldn't recognize. I looked at them and then away. Didn't want to stare--but they were so much out of context, they stood out like proverbial sore thumbs. We continued on our way, as did everyone else, but I made a mental note of them.
Here's what I do know about them by simple deductive reasoning. 1, 2, & 3) They were not at the park to exercise, enjoy the view (they weren't looking), or feed the mallards. 4) They were engrossed in a serious conversation and were exchanging information, mostly from her to him. 5) They were not there to meet on a romantic rendezvous. 6)They were unconcerned about the people who were passing them by. 7) I had never seen them there before in the 6 years I've been covering that path. 8) They were both of similar ethnic backgrounds. 9) They were not wearing wedding rings. 10) They appeared to be discussing plans or arrangements.
I don't know whether this meeting was an activity I should have reported to authorities or not. I didn't report it because I didn't want to think I was being prejudicial against them. I held back. Didn't want to over react. They didn't do anything illegal that I could see, so I did nothing. I could think of a thousand scenerios, but had no reason to do anything about any of them. I do know that the behavior of these two was what was most suspicious. Their ethnicity and dress only made me not act. If they had been dressed in western clothing, I might have done things differently.
I do know the following day there was a horrific series of bombings in London. My mind went back to the two in the park the day before. I wondered how I would have felt if the bombings had been in our area instead of London. I also wondered if there was someone in London who, for the same reason, hadn't reported two people behaving just as suspiciously as the two in our local park. Could any lives have been saved?



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home